Useful Hints and Tips – Fife Council Short Term Let Licence
SHORT-TERM LET LICENCE CLOSING DATE - 30TH SEPTEMBER 2023
If you are an existing host and wish to continue to operate beyond 1st October 2023, you must apply for a licence by the 30th September 2023. This will allow you to continue to operate while the licence is being determined. New hosts can apply for a licence and can only operate when the licence is determined.
Please see our top tips below for help and guidance.
- Read over ALL of the documents on the dedicated Fife Council web page. This will help you understand Fife Council Policy and give you some guidance on how to apply
- Download \ print off the FAQ document this is handy to have by your side when making the application
- Download \ Print off the help sheet developed to assist you with your application
- We strongly advise submitting your application online rather than by post to avoid any delay in the process. If you decide to post your application, please ensure you have receipt of postage as at this stage you may need to prove you have submitted your application prior to the 30th September 2023.
- Use the document checklist to ensure you have all the documents scanned into your computer prior to starting the process
- The Short Term Let team are here to help although very busy with applications they will get back to you. To speak so someone you can either email email@example.com or call 01592 583170
- Join the helpful facebook group Fife Air BnB & STL Hosts and your Local Tourism Association group for advice and support from property owners, managers and other businesses
As part of the Short Term Let Licencing (STL) conditions, licence holders must ensure that any listing or advert (whether electronic or otherwise) for the short-term let of the premises includes—
1. The licence number
2. A valid Energy Performance Certificate rating if an Energy Performance Certificate is required for the premises, in accordance with the Energy Performance of Buildings (Scotland) Regulations 2008(a).
3. State the maximum occupancy of the premises
4. The holder of the licence must ensure that any listing or advert (whether electronic or otherwise) for the short-term let of the premises is consistent with the terms of the short-term let licence.
We have now updated our Welcome to Fife business listing information for STL properties to include the above information. If you have a listing on Welcome to Fife and you have received your licence please ensure you update your listing as soon as possible to avoid listings become inactive. If you would like to add a free business listing on Welcome to Fife please feel free to add your own content and images. Register your business here.
For guidance on updating your listing check out our toolkit.
We are working hard to process applications as quickly as possible, but due to a very high volume of applications being submitted there are significant delays in our service.
You can check if your application has been received or processed by following the link to the Public Register on dedicated Fife Council web page.
We ask that customers remain patient and wait for further communication from us in relation to validating applications and issuing licences.